Mull is easily accessible by ferry from the mainland either from Oban to Craignure or Lochaline to Fishnish. If taking the Oban crossing, booking in advance with Caledonian MacBrayne is advisable.
The White House estate comprises 42 acres nestled on the sheltered Eastern shores of Mull, offering stunning views over the Sound of Mull, and often breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.
The Estate has its own beaches, a pier, woodland, extensive well tended gardens including a walled vegetable garden and the ruined 13th century Aros castle. The extensive lawned and closely mown areas have seating and picnic benches situated in tranquil locations with beautiful views of the sea. We encourage you to enjoy these just for the view or perhaps an alfresco meal or barbecue. We will happily lend a portable barbecue. A walking map to guide you is provided in your rental property. Further afield from the gardens is the circular walk to Aros Castle situated on a rocky promotory.
Wildlife including otters, seals, varied water birds, porpoise, dolphin, as well as the fantastic sea-eagles and red deer are frequently seen without having to leave the estate.
Leaving the ferry terminal at Craignure, turn right and head to Salen (10miles). Driving through Salen, follow the single track road for a further mile and a half and cross the Aros Bridge. Take the first turn right onto an unmetalled track, continue up a short slope and down the hill and bear left through the stone gate pillars marked "Private Road". Follow the shore road along the coast below Aros Castle, through the estate gates and the White House is directly ahead. For The Boathouse, drive past The White House and you will shortly find The Boathouse ahead of you.
- All bookings for The White House and Boathouse are from Saturday to Saturday. We request that guests do not arrive before 4pm and leave by 10am on the day of departure.
- All bed linen and towels are provided for the number of people in the party.
- Electricity and heating is included in the cost of the properties.
- Please be aware that all of our properties are NON SMOKING.
- Dogs are permitted by arrangement and a charge of £25.00 per week will be made per dog. Dogs are not to be left unattended during the daytime in the properties. One dog is permitted in the Boathouse and two dogs in The White House
- Salmon fishing on the River Aros is available by arrangement.
- Welcome basket on arrival.
We would like to hear from you so if you would like to know more about Luxury Mull or to book one of our luxury properties please contact us.